IPL Hair Removal
What is IPL Hair Removal Procedure?
Hair Removal procedure permanently reduced or eliminated unwanted body hair, mostly with light-based energy. In Puriva clinic, we use Intense Pulse Light (IPL), a broadband light treatment for the hair removal procedure. Our latest generation of IPL machine is using an ultra-cooling probe, ensuring a comfortable, quick, and painless procedure with a better result. IPL works by sending heat energy via hair shaft to destroy the basal stem cells in the hair follicle which causes hair growth while leaving the skin intact so that the hair will not be able to grow back.
Is IPL for you?
If you have unwanted body hair, then IPL is a relatively comfortable and quick treatment to deal with this issue. Science proves that we can only do the hair removal procedure effectively while the hair is in the Anagen phase, where the hair follicle touches the basal stem cell. This is why we need more than one treatment, because of the hair growth cycle. In general, we will need to do the treatment once a month, for the frequency of 6-8 times. Please consult with our Puriva Doctor to have more information about this treatment.
How do we do the IPL hair removal treatment?
After a thorough consultation with Puriva Doctor, then we are ready to do the treatment, with the following steps:
- The Nurse will clean the area of the treatment from make-up, sunblock, and dust.
- You will need to shave the area of treatment, preferably 12-24 hours before the procedure.
- We will put protective eye goggles to cover your eyes.
- Remember to close your eyes at all times.
- The Nurse will apply the IPL probe on the skin (you will feel slightly cold because of the cooling tip) and start the process.
- When the beam of IPL is flashed, you might see a very bright light (even when you close your eyes) and feel slightly warm sensation – this is normal and it is safe.
- We will cool down the skin by cold compress afterward.
- The Nurse will apply some post-procedure soothing cream and also SPF.
- Most of the procedure will take approximately 15-30 minutes depending on how large is the area of treatment.
- Kindly let us know if you have a sensitivity to light or light-induced epilepsy, as this treatment cannot be done for you if you do.
- That’s it and we are done!
What shall you expect after IPL treatment?
IPL Hair removal result will progress in stages as the procedure is repeated. Usually, you will less hair growing back after the procedure. Sometimes the remaining hair seems to grow a bit faster than normal. Do not worry in case this happens, since this means that your hair follicle is dead and your body is expelling the dead hair hence it seems to grow quicker and falls off.
What to do or not to do after IPL treatment?
After the IPL we will ask that you:
- Avoid too much sun for at least 72 hours post-procedure, always protect with sunblock at least SPF 30, and reapplied if needed.
- Avoid sauna and swim in the ocean for at least 5 days post-procedure.
- Drink plenty of liquid 3 liters per day.
- Do not use any scrub or peeling agent on your skin for the next 1 week.
- Use a moisturizer or aloe vera post-peel if the skin is dry.
- That’s all.
Should You repeat the treatment?
Yes. IPL Hair removal should be repeated in a 4-week time and shall be done continuously for 6-8 times for the best result. We will also recommend you to do maintenance IPL at least 1-2 times per year to keep unwanted hair to grow back. Permanent hair reduction is usually achieved after session No.8. In case after the 8th session, the hair is still growing back, then we have to prolong the treatment until 12 sessions, although this seldom happens.
Why choose Puriva for IPL Hair Removal?
We only use the latest IPL Hair removal technology with an ultra-cooling probe to make the treatment as comfortable as possible. With updated training and strict IPL Hair removal protocols, we ensure the safety and efficacy of every treatment conducted.
Which area is suitable for IPL Hair Removal?
IPL can be done for the face, neck, chest, arms, back, thighs, armpits, bikini and Brazilian, legs and etc.
What is the average cost of treatment?
IPL is starting from 500k Rupiahs and up.
Any other things that You should know about IPL Hair removal?
IPL Hair removal only works for dark color hair, because the light energy needs melanin as a chromophore to be able to transport the energy to the follicles. Unfortunately, white or blonde hair will not have any results with IPL Hair removal. Please consult with our Puriva Doctor to know whether you are a good candidate for this IPL Hair removal treatment.