What is Intense Pulse Light (IPL)?
Intense Pulse Light (IPL) is a broadband light treatment given to the skin to reduce the impurities such as sunspots, aging spots, and broken capillaries. It can also be used for hair removal procedures. The versatility and wide indication of IPL make this treatment one of the favorites amongst rejuvenation procedures. Our latest-generation IPL machine is using an ultra-cooling probe ensuring comfort, quick and painless procedure with better results.
Is IPL for you?
IPL is for everyone since this treatment is effective, takes a short time to conduct, and is relatively comfortable. Not only taking away the sunspots, but IPL also functions to rejuvenate and stimulate the production of collagen. In general, you will need the IPL treatment once a month for about 4 times and maintain the IPL once every 3-4 months for care. Please consult our Puriva Doctor to have more information about this treatment.
How do we do the IPL treatment?
After a thorough consultation with Puriva Doctor, then we are ready to do the treatment, with the following steps:
- The Nurse will clean the area of the treatment from make-up, sunblock, and dust.
- We will put protective eye goggles to cover your eyes.
- Please close your eyes throughout the procedure.
- The Nurse will apply the IPL probe on the skin (you will feel slight cold because of the cooling tip), and start the process.
- When the beam of IPL is flashed, you might see a very bright light (even when you close your eyes) and feel slightly warm sensation – this is normal and it is safe.
- We will cool down the skin by cold compress afterward.
- The Nurse will apply post-procedure soothing cream and SPF.
- Most of the procedure will take approximately 15-30 minutes depending on how large is the area of treatment.
- Kindly let us know if you have a sensitivity to light or light-induced epilepsy, as this treatment cannot be done for you if you do.
- That’s it and we are done!
What shall you expect after IPL treatment?
IPL result is usually achieved in 2 weeks. If you have sunspots, they will become a bit darker, milo crust will form, and then it will peel off in 1-2 weeks. In the case of other types of skin pigmentation, you might need other type of laser treatment that can absorb deeper into the skin, such as NDYag laser.
Please consult our Puriva Doctor to know which type of Light energy to be more beneficial for you.
What to do or not to do after IPL treatment?
After the IPL we will ask that you:
- Avoid too much sun for at least 72 hours post-procedure, always protect with sunblock at least SPF 30 and reapply if needed.
- Drink plenty of liquid, 3 liters a day.
- Do not use any scrub or peeling agent on your skin for the next 2 weeks, and let the scab peel off by itself.
- Use a moisturizer or post-peel aloe if the skin is dry.
- That’s all.
When can you see the result? For how long? Should you repeat the treatment?
The full result of IPL will be achieved in 2-3 weeks post-procedure as the scabs are falling off naturally, collagen stimulation starts and the skin will be clear by then. The result can stay for a long time yet maintenance treatment is essential. We will recommend doing IPL at least once a month for 3 – 4 times, and then maintenance once every 3-4 months to retain the best result.
Why choose Puriva for IPL?
We only use the latest IPL Hair removal technology with an ultra-cooling probe to make the treatment as comfortable as possible. With updated training and strict IPL Hair removal protocols, we ensure the safety and efficacy of every treatment conducted. Combination with other energy-based machines and with injectable treatment will make the result even better. Consult our Puriva Doctor for more information about the combination treatments for you.
Which area is suitable for IPL?
IPL can be done for the face, neck, chest, arms, back, thighs, and legs.
What is the average cost of IPL?
IPL is starting from Rp.500k
Any other thing that I should know about IPL?
IPL also can be used to treat active acne problems and hair removal. Please see our menu on Hair Removal and Acne Treatment to know more about this.