What is Radiesse Treatment?
Radiesse is an injectable treatment that can act like a dermal filler as well as collagen & elastin stimulator. Radiesse, when injected in a certain dilution, will mimic the collagen scaffolding to the skin, to reactivate the dermal fibroblast, which in the end, will trigger new collagen and elastic production. This is similar to promoting or stimulating the repair from within the skin.
Radiesse is a Calcium Hydroxyapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in gel for injection, already mixed with lidocaine for patient’s comfort. It can be metabolized naturally and completely biodegradable.
Is Radiesse for you?
Radiesse is definitely for everyone, as the purpose is to always stimulate and keep the skin as healthy as possible, thus this treatment will improve the skin collagen and elastin. Depending on the age bracket, it is mostly recommended to do this treatment every 6 months to a year at a time. Patient can also combine treatment with other type of collagen stimulator and skin booster for greater result. Consult our Puriva Doctor to know more if Radiesse is what you need, or what kind of combination treatment that can be done with Radiesse.
How do we do the Radiesse Injection?
After a thorough consultation with Puriva Doctor, then we are ready to do some injections, with the following steps:
1. First, the Doctor or Nurse is going to clean your skin from makeup, dust or sunblock.
2. If needed, numbing cream will be applied about 30 minutes before the procedure.
3. We will put some antiseptic cream before administering the injection (please let us know if you have any allergy to antiseptics or alcohol).
4. If needed, the Doctor will put marking to pinpoint the injection site.
5. The Nurse will then assist to put ice, or to tap you lightly to reduce the sensation. Do not worry, it is not as painful as it looks. Pain scale is 3-5 out of 10.
6. Our Doctor will inject softly according to the area of injection – cannula is normally used to avoid bruising, massage the area and apply the antibiotic cream.
7. That’s it and we are done!
What shall you expect after Radiesse Injection?
You can see the instant result of Radiesse right away. This volumizing effect can last up until 12 months to most of the patients. Some swelling or bruising might happen, and this is normal. No need to worry as most of the swelling and bruising should recede in several days up to 2 weeks. You can also put Arnica cream to speed up the healing process, and makeup concealer can be used if you have a bit of bruising. The effect of collagen stimulation is visible within 1 – 3 months after the procedure.
What to do or not to do after Radiesse Injection?
After injection, we will ask you:
1. Not to do strenuous exercise, swimming, or sun tanning for the first 24 hours after injection.
2. Not to do facial or massage or laser treatment over the injected area for at least 2 weeks.
3. No sauna for 7 days after the procedure.
4. That’s all, enjoy the results!
When can I see the result? For how long?
The result of Radiesse can be seen right away after the procedure, and usually last for the minimum of 12 months. Combine with other type of collagen stimulation procedure or injectable to get greater and long-lasting result.
Why choose Puriva for Radiesse treatment?
We only use the original product of Radiesse from Merz, at the same time providing careful selection of products and proper consultation to give the best result, to match your expectation.
Can I also use Skin Booster with Radiesse at the same time?
Yes, we can combine specific skin booster for better, supple and plump skin results. Both to be injected at the same time.
What is the average cost of Radiesse treatment?
This depends on how many packages of Radiesse you need. A box of Radiesse 1,5 cc costs Rp. 8.5 million rupiahs. We offer selected discount and promotion at Puriva Clinic. Please contact our Clinic Reception to know more about current promotion.